Apply now as a Local Coordinator!
- Are you a young and energetic person currently based in the Czech Republic?
- Do you want to make a contribution to more transparent elections this October?
- Would you like to work with inspiring young election observers from all over Europe?
Then you are exactly who we are looking for.
The Czech Republic will hold legislative elections on 20 and 21 October 2017.
With our Election Observation Mission, 24 young observers from all over Europe will be deployed in different locations in the country from 17 until 24 October, as follows:
- 17-19 October in Prague (for preparation);
- 20 and 21 October in different locations across the Czech Republic (for election observation);
- 22 and 23 October in Prague (for debriefing).
Important: The locations for observation partly depend on the availability of Local Coordinators. Apart from Prague, we are hoping to send observers to other cities across the country. We are happy to hear any suggestions you may have!
Local Coordinators are appointed to support the Mission in the following points:
- accommodation – preferably provided for free;
- orientation – helping with travel arrangements across the country as well as in the local context;
- interpretation – finding young volunteers who speak both English and Czech to help our observers communicate with electoral staff on 20 and 21 October.
Additionally, in Prague, Local Coordinators ideally should be able to help us with:
- free accommodation for the all the short-term observers;
- free meeting space;
- organising social activities and providing advice on local transport;
- the accreditation of the Mission with the national authorities;
- local fundraising and organising meetings with interlocutors and young political candidates.
Most of the work should be finished by mid-October – which means that as a Local Coordinator, your most important task is actually before the Mission. However, it would be great if you were available on the weekend of the elections to meet with the observers and help them in case they have any questions or difficulties.
In order to be a Local Coordinator for our Mission, you should fulfil the following criteria:
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- have a solid command of both English and Czech;
- have a good knowledge of the country and especially of the local environment in which you are based.
This call is open to nationals of the Czech Republic, but international volunteers who fulfil the criteria are also very welcome to apply!
Please fill in this application form
AEGEE Election Observation looks forward to your application.