The Bosnian parliamentary election is scheduled for the 2nd of October 2022. To support the deployment of the Agora Election Observation Mission in the country, applicants residing in Bosnia and Herzegovina who are familiar with the country or one of its regions, and are interested in the topics of youth engagement in elections and election observation, are invited to join the mission as Local Coordinators.
Agora Election Observation will deploy its mission – composed of 24 young observers and 3 Mission Coordinators from all over Europe – in different locations throughout the country from the 28th of September until the 3rd of October. The preliminary deployment agenda is as follows:
- 28th until 30th of September in Sarajevo (for preparation);
- 1st and 2nd of October in different locations across Bosnia and Herzegovina (for observation during Election Day);
- 3rd of October in Sarajevo (for debriefing).
The Local Coordinators are three (3) positions whose purpose is to work hand in hand with the Mission Coordinators. The positions are as follows:
- Local Coordinator of Logistics (LCL):
- Assisting in the distribution of observers and interpreters in Polling Stations and cities;
- Accompany in field coordination tasks to the Logistic coordinator.
- Local Coordinator of Outreach (LCO):
- Assisting in networking with local and national institutions and organizations;
- Assisting in communication with local and national institutions and organizations.
- Local Coordinator of Research (LCR):
- Assisting in translation and proofreading at different moments of the process: Preliminary research, Press release and Final report.
In general, our Missions are organized on a 100% voluntary basis and do not involve any remuneration and funding for travel and accommodation.
In order to become a Local Coordinator for the Agora Election Observation Mission, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Be between 18 and 35 years old;
- have a sound command of both English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian;
- have a solid knowledge of the country and especially of the region/town in which the applicant is based.
Naturally, this profile favours Bosnian citizens, but applications from international volunteers residing in the country who fulfil the criteria are welcome as well.
Please fill in the application form by the 4th of September 2022, at 23:59 CET. Applications will be reviewed on a running basis, so we recommend you apply before the deadline.
In case of questions, please contact Andreas Martin Speiser, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application!