The Hungarian parliamentary election is scheduled for the 3rd of April 2022. To support the deployment of the Agora Election Observation Mission in the country, applicants residing in Hungary who are familiar with the country or one of its regions, and are interested in the topics of youth engagement in elections and election observation, are invited to join the mission as Local Coordinators.
Agora Election Observation will deploy its mission – composed of 24 young observers and 3 Mission Coordinators from all over Europe – in different locations throughout the country from 31st of March until the 4th of April. The preliminary deployment agenda is as follows:
- 31st of March to 1st of April in Budapest (for preparation);
- 2nd and 3rd of April in different locations across Hungary (for observation during Election Day);
- 4th of April in Budapest (for debriefing).
Important: The locations for observation depend on the availability of Local Coordinators. Suggestions from applicants are also very welcome.
Local Coordinators are appointed to support the mission in the following aspects:
- accommodation – preferably provided for free;
- orientation – support with travel arrangements across the country, as well as with input on the local context;
- interpretation – securing the availability of young volunteers who speak both English and Hungarian to help observers communicate on the election day;
- background research – local coordinators might get involved in helping out with research tasks.
Additionally, in Budapest, Local Coordinators ideally should be able to help with:
- accommodation for short-term observers;
- meeting spaces;
- organization of social activities and advice on local transport.
Most of the work should be completed by the 20th of March. This means that as a Local Coordinator, successful applicants will have to accomplish their most important tasks before the deployment of the mission. However, availability during the weekend of the mission’s deployment would be highly appreciated, so that Local Coordinators could meet with observers and help them in case they have any questions or difficulties.
In order to become a Local Coordinator for the Agora Election Observation Mission, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- be between 18 and 35 years old;
- have a sound command of both English and Hungarian;
- have a solid knowledge of the country and especially of the region/town in which the applicant is based.
Naturally, this profile favors Hungarian citizens, but applications from international volunteers residing in the country who fulfill the criteria are welcome as well.
Please fill in the application form by the 28th of February 2022, at 23:59 CET. Applications will be reviewed on a running basis, so we recommend you apply before the deadline.
In case of questions, please contact Andreas Martin Speiser, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!