The Slovak parliamentary election is scheduled for 29th of February 2020. To support the deployment of the AEGEE Election Observation Mission in the country, applicants residing in Slovakia who are familiar with the country or one of its regions, and are interested in the topics of youth engagement in elections and election observation, are invited to join the mission as Local Coordinators.
AEGEE Election Observation will deploy its mission – composed of 24 young observers and 3 Mission Coordinators from all over Europe – in different locations throughout the country from 28th of February until the 1st of March. The preliminary deployment agenda is as follows:
- 26th to 27th of February in Bratislava (for preparation);
- 28th and 29th of February in different locations across Slovakia (for observation during Election Day);
- 1st of March in Bratislava (for debriefing).
Important: The locations for observation depend on the availability of Local Coordinators. Suggestions from applicants are also very welcome.
Local Coordinators are appointed to support the mission in the following aspects:
- accommodation – preferably provided for free;
- orientation – support with travel arrangements across the country, as well as with input on the local context;
- interpretation – securing the availability of young volunteers who speak both English and Slovak to help observers communicate on the election day;
- background research – local coordinators might get involved in helping out with research tasks.
Additionally, in Bratislava, Local Coordinators ideally should be able to help with:
- accommodation for short-term observers;
- meeting spaces;
- organisation of social activities and advice on local transport.
Most of the work should be completed by the 15th of February. This means that as a Local Coordinator, successful applicants will have to accomplish their most important tasks before the deployment of the mission. However, availability during the weekend of the mission’s deployment would be highly appreciated, so that Local Coordinators could meet with observers and help them in case they have any questions or difficulties.
In order to become a Local Coordinator for the AEGEE Election Observation Mission, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- be between 18 and 35 years old;
- have a sound command of both English and Slovak;
- have a solid knowledge of the country and especially of the region/town in which the applicant is based.
Naturally, this profile favors Slovak citizens, but applications from international volunteers residing in the country who fulfill the criteria are welcome as well.
Please fill in the application form by 31st of December 2019, at 23:59 CET. Applications will be reviewed on a running basis, so we recommend you to apply before the deadline.
In case of questions, please contact Andreas Martin Speiser, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!