Agora Election Observation (former AEGEE Election Observation) is looking for three young people to lead our upcoming Election Observation Mission to the Hungarian Parliamentary Elections 2022.
Our Mission is planned to be deployed for six nights either in April or May 2022 to Hungary depending on the actual date the elections will be held (still to be announced by the National Election Office in Hungary). For example, if the Election Day would be on Sunday the 1st of May 2022 the Election Observation Mission would be in Hungary from the 27th of April until the 2nd of May 2022. The Mission Coordinators (MCs) are required to arrive at least one day earlier (i.e. April 26) for preparation activities.
Three different positions are open: Coordinator for general management and logistics (MC1), Coordinator for outreach and visibility (MC2), and Coordinator for research (MC3).
The respective tasks include the following:
- MC1: Responsible for overall Mission management: regular communication with the observers, E-day deployment plan, logistics (accommodation, transportation, meeting space) – in cooperation with Local Coordinators and the Mission Advisors;
- MC2: Responsible for mapping and arranging meetings with electoral stakeholders (party candidates, election administration, youth organisations, election observation experts), liaison with local partners, visibility and outreach, accreditation, and fundraising – in cooperation with Local Coordinators and the Mission Advisors;
- MC3: Responsible for coordinating research tasks by observers, drafting of final report and press releases, adapting election observation forms to electoral procedures – in cooperation with Mission Advisors.
- have experience in project management and international teamwork;
- be familiar with the context of the elections; prior election observation experience is an asset;
- have sufficient time in the three months preceding the Mission (1-2 hours a day, likely more in busy weeks);
- dispose swiftness and reliability in day-to-day online communication;
- have great organisational skills, attention to details, dedication, and ability to stick to deadlines.
- be at least 18 and not more than 35 years old;
- hold no citizenship of Hungary;
- have a professional fluency in English; knowledge of Hungarian is an asset;
- be available to attend the entire Mission in person;
- be available to work on the final report after the end of the Mission.
In general, our Missions are organized on a 100% voluntary basis and do not involve any remuneration and funding for travel and accommodation.
Please apply here before the 15th of December, 23:59 CET. We encourage you to apply earlier as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In case of questions, please contact Andreas Martin Speiser at email@example.com
We look forward to your applications!