AEGEE Election Observation is looking for three young people to lead our upcoming Election Observation Mission to the Parliamentary elections in Serbia, scheduled for April 26.
The EOM will be deployed from April 22 to 28 (six nights), with Election Day being Sunday 26 April. The Mission Coordinators (MCs) are required to arrive at least one day earlier in Belgrade (i.e. April 21) for preparation activities.
The EOM will specifically assess the conditions under which young people participate in the electoral process. The principal focus of the Mission will lie in its interaction with domestic stakeholders, including the electoral authorities as well as political party representatives, (young) candidates, government institutions responsible for youth matters, civil society organisations and youth networks. The EOM will present findings on the participation of young people not only as voters, but also as candidates, activists, and elections staff. On Election Day, the Mission will deploy its observers across the country to witness opening, voting and counting procedures modeled largely on established OSCE/ODIHR and EU methodology.
Mission Coordinators are appointed for a period of approximately three months, with the first four to six weeks serving to prepare the Mission and complete preliminary research, the subsequent week to conduct the deployment of the Mission, and the third month to finalise and disseminate the Mission’s final report. Mission Coordinators are expected to be available for all three months.
Three different positions are open: Coordinator for general management and logistics (MC1), Coordinator for partnership, outreach and visibility (MC2), and Coordinator for research and reporting (MC3).
- MC1: Responsible for operational mission management, regular communication with observers, drafting E-day deployment plan, arranging logistics (accommodation, transportation, meeting space).
- MC2: Responsible for outreach and Mission visibility, mapping and arranging meetings with electoral stakeholders (party candidates, election administration, youth organisations, election observation experts), disseminating mission outputs (press release, final report, etc.) to interlocutors and other stakeholders.
- MC3: Responsible for coordinating research tasks by observers, drafting the final report and press releases, adapting election observation forms to local electoral procedures.
- have experience in project management and international teamwork;
- be familiar with the context of the elections; prior election observation experience is an asset;
- have sufficient time in the three months preceding the Mission (1-2 hours a day, likely more in busy weeks);
- dispose swiftness and reliability in day-to-day online communication;
- have great organisational skills, attention to details, dedication, and ability to stick to deadlines.
- be at least 18 and not more than 35 years old
- hold no citizenship of Serbia;
- have professional fluency in English;
- knowledge of Serbian or closely related languages is an asset, but not necessary;
- be available to attend the entire Mission in person;
- be available to work on the final report after the end of the Mission.
In general, our Missions are organised on a 100% voluntary basis and do not involve any remuneration and funding for travel and accommodation. This applies to Mission Coordinators as well as AEGEE Election Observation team members.
Please apply here before 2 February, 23:59 CET. We encourage you to apply earlier as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
In case of any questions, please contact Patricio Borvarán at firstname.lastname@example.org