The Polish parliamentary election is scheduled for 13th of October 2019. To support the deployment of the AEGEE Election Observation Mission in the country, applicants residing in Poland who are familiar with the country or one of its regions, and are interested in the topics of youth engagement in elections and election observation, are invited to join the mission as Local Coordinators.
AEGEE Election Observation will deploy its mission – composed of 24 young observers, 3 Mission Coordinators from all over Europe – in different locations throughout the country from 10th to 14th of October. The preliminary deployment agenda is as follows:
- 10th to 11th of October in Warsaw (for preparation);
- 12th and 13th of October in different locations across Poland (for observation during Election Day);
- 14th of October in Warsaw (for debriefing).
Important: The locations for observation depend on the availability of Local Coordinators. Suggestions from applicants are also very welcome.
Local Coordinators are appointed to support the mission in the following aspects:
- accommodation – preferably provided for free;
- orientation – support with travel arrangements across the country, as well as with input on the local context;
- interpretation – securing the availability of young volunteers who speak both English and Polish to help observers communicate with electoral staff, voters and candidates on the election date;
- background research – we hope that local coordinators will get involved in helping out with research tasks
Additionally, in Warsaw, Local Coordinators ideally should be able to help with:
- accommodation for short-term observers;
- meeting spaces;
- organisation of social activities and advice on local transport
Most of the work should be completed by the beginning of October. This means that as a Local Coordinator, successful applicants will have to accomplish their most important tasks before the deployment of the mission. However, availability during the weekend of the mission’s deployment would be highly appreciated, so that Local Coordinators could meet with observers and help them in case they have any questions or difficulties.
In order to become a Local Coordinator for the AEGEE Election Observation Mission, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- be between 18 and 35 years old;
- have a sound command of both English and Polish;
- have a solid knowledge of the country and especially of the local environment in which the applicant is based.
Naturally, this profile favours Polish citizens, but applications from international volunteers residing in the country who fulfil the criteria are welcome as well.
Please fill in the application form by 10th of September 2019, at 23:59 CET.
In case of questions, please contact Karolis Butkevičius, Mission Director, at email@example.com or Gianni Dibiase, AEGEE Election Observation Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!